We often think about the advantages of having a vehicle. The ease of transporting us comfortably and efficiently is one of the characteristics that most attracts us when we think of buying a car.
However, many times we do not take into account other important aspects that are part of this acquisition.
The manipulation of a car is not only based on the action of transporting us, but also on our safety and the environment in which we move.
Maintaining a car requires certain care, responsibility and prudence as well as maintenance costs. That is why we have decided to dedicate a space to talk about what it takes to have a car, from driving to its maintenance.
The art of driving
It can be said that driving a vehicle is an art and part of a science that includes various methods to execute it safely. It is said that art is something natural that is born with each individual; That is why many people have the facility to learn to drive easily and quickly and others cost a little more.
But instead science is based on study and learning, so with a good driving course anybody can drive a vehicle.
These two terms together encompass the importance of driving safely, respecting the corresponding laws for the benefit of pedestrians and the driver.
When we buy a vehicle we think about everything we can do as a benefit for us but we cannot leave aside the responsibility to which the vehicle is linked. As for example we can mention the accidents that are generated by the misuse and operation of the car.
Keep your car in good condition
We should not think of a car as an aid instrument only, it is part of an investment, of a good of its own that can provide long-term gains, so that its care must be important and taken into account constantly. Very apart from this, security is also important; and a car in good condition will provide a safe circulation.
When purchasing this means of transport you must take into account the following aspects. Both for you as a security method and for the care of your investment:
- Oil changes: an oil review is elementary every so often. It is recommended to change the oil between 5, 8 or 10 kilometers; since the abandonment of this care can cause damages and failures in the vehicle.
- Check the rubbers: it must be taken into account that the adequate air pressure in the rubbers is of great importance. At least they should be checked once a month or when a long trip is made or they fall into holes.
- Balance and alignment: these aspects avoid vibrations when driving and maintain a fixed and regulated direction when increasing speed.
- Battery check: the use time of your battery is important to know. Its malfunction can decrease the activity of the car. A review every 90 days is useful to avoid possible failures.
- Car maintenance: it is always good to provide a professional cleaning to your car, take it to the car washed 1 or twice a month; and if you do not have as many resources at least every two months. This will keep the body and interior of the vehicle in good condition.
- Review of lights: the lights are an essential part when driving especially at night; They also serve to signal changes made while driving. So keeping them always in good working order will give you security.
- Wipers clean: good vision is essential when driving, so you should never leave aside the proper functioning of your car’s wipers. These will give you a clear vision in the cases that you most need them.
When to change cars?
When buying a car we think about staying a long time using it, even more if it is totally new.
But we must take into account that the things with the greatest amount of use are deteriorating and subsequently losing their value, in addition that in some countries they prohibit the circulation of very old cars. Therefore it is estimated that the recommended time to change cars is at 2 years.
When a car begins to present faults and invests money in them to solve them, the ideal is to put it on sale and immediately invest in another car.
This way you will increase your investment and you will continue enjoying the service that the good gives you.
It is important to see a car as an asset and investment, as well as a means of transportation. In this way we guarantee to be open to change it when necessary and keep our money active at all times.
Spare parts used for my car
At the time of requesting spare parts for our car we try to find the best options, but sometimes we cannot acquire what we want.
This is where there are various acquisition facilities in terms of car spare parts. Using spare parts of cars that are already used is not overvalued at all; however, there are a number of things that should be taken into account.
- The spare parts that you are going to acquire must be previously checked by an expert mechanic.
- You must bear in mind that the useful life of the spare parts used will not be the same as that of an entirely new spare part. So when placed you must go thinking about the search for a new one to have the previous replacement in anticipation of future failure or wear.
- Using a used part will give you the necessary time to obtain the new replacement, but try to give full use to that part before changing it.
- Do not forget to check with your mechanic before buying the used part. There are some pieces that must necessarily be new to provide quality operation
- More to see the prices you have to focus on the quality. Sometimes the most economical used parts are the ones with the shortest service life